Tuesday 8 July 2014

Next project in readiness for the summer dress pattern



I’m all set to release the summer dress pattern – A fitted bodice with elasticized back, a 3 tier skirt and straps to hold it up just in case and make it pretty of course.
I would always choose a very lightweight fabric  for this dress- like the lawn one I made the summer dress with or viscose like the other summer dress I made with or rayon like the twirly skirt - another free pattern.
But, all these lightweight fabrics didn’t have a distinct right side and wrong side. It becomes very difficult to put up a tutorial with photos if both sides look the same – the mistake I made with the nightie free pattern tutorial. Half way through I just wanted to give up.
It is confusing for me as well when I look at the pictures. So I decided to use a cotton (a quilting cotton) which I wouldn’t recommend for this pattern.
In fact once you sew with lawn, viscose, rayon with the complements you get,  you wouldn’t want to come back to regular stiff quilting cotton.
Take the kids out in car, and by the time you reach the destination the dress or skirt is far away from the kiddo in every direction and all crumbled.
I’ve made so many skirts in the cotton like this phus phus skirtanother, another and many more - all free patterns. It looks really good ironed and crisp but in no time gets crumbled.
Now whenever I goto fabric store I test the fabric. If you want to see how I test the fabric – here is how.
Summer dress fabric


I just hope the skirt comes out good and the tutorial is easy to follow.
I know it will stand out a bit and that it will not be best picture to pin, but I know this will be best fabric to make the tutorial – which is what you are here for.
Stay tuned the tutorial with downloadable epattern is coming soon.

If you enjoyed reading this you can either like my facebook page to get all updates and more or you can opt to receive posts via email. Don't forget to activate your subscription though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...